Saturday 22 September 2012

Red and White Wedding Birds



This is a red and white themed wedding card but obviously you could make it in any colour you wish and preferably pastel colours for a more subtle effect; but some people do like bold contrasts.  The wedding birds were made using some Classic Paisley Spellbinders I’ve had for a while.  I saw the dies used in a similar way on youtube and decided to make my own version of the card – I think they are quite cute.  I took a piece of red pearlescent cardstock and cut it a little smaller than my 8x8 card base.  I pierced the edges and then cut the largest of the Spellbinders  Grand Squares in white pearlescent and embossed it with Couture Creations ‘Tied Together’ embossing folder.  I added some corner pieces from Spellbinders Parisian Accents.  I cut the two largest dies from Spellbinders Labels 28 to make a frame and then cut my favourite Spellbinders Fancy Lattice die in red pearlescent and attached it to the back of the frame.  I cut two large paisley dies in white, embossed the female bird with Couture Creations Swirls embossing folder and embossed the male bird with a more masculine embossing folder.  I then cut a large paisley piece in black with a shiny reverse side, cut the top of the die off at an angle and folded the bottom half over to simulate the male bird’s lapel on the black dinner jacket.  I cut the smaller paisley dies for the birds’ wings, glittered the female wing with Diamond Stickles and cut the shiny side of the black card for the male bird’s wing.  I cut some small pieces of shiny black card to form the birds’ beaks, a small piece to serve as a bow tie  and added some black beady gems for eyes.  I took a small piece of netting and cut it with one of Spellbinders scalloped circles, doubled it over and gathered it to form the bride’s veil, added some pearls for decoration.  I cut some Spellbinders Anemone and Daisy flowers in red and white, mixed them up and layered them, added some white pearls as accents on strategic places and added my sentiment cut from one of Spellbinders Fancy Tags 2.  Hope you like it.  Bye for now
Love lilygee.

No comments: