Friday 21 September 2012

Christmas Birthday


Hello Everyone,

This card was made for someone born on Christmas Eve but it could obviously be a Christmas card if you changed the sentiment.  I was asked to design a birthday card with a Christmas feel to it and I used a lot of the Christmas Spellbinders.  I used an 8x8 card base in white and covered the front with some pink pearlescent card, pierced on  two sides of the card only.  The piercing was done with a Tim Holz Ideology 12 inch design ruler.  The ruler has holes along the edge allowing you to use a piercing tool to evenly pierce the edges.  These rulers are available from  http://www.creative-expressions.uk.com and most of the other products I used can be purchased from their website too. I then layered a piece of white pearlescent card on top and lined it up with the right hand side of the card so that only two sides of the pink card showed.   This piece was the negative of a frame I had cut;  I used the two largest dies from the set of Spellbinders Heirloom Ornaments 2012 and cut them together to form a frame and I then embossed them using Spellbinders Holiday Magic M-bossabilities embossing folder.   I cut a Spellbinders Fancy Lattice die in white pearlescent, attached it behind the frame and embellished the lattice with pearls.  This was inserted inside the negative and the remaining positive piece cut from the two dies was used to add another, smaller ornament alongside the larger one.  The smaller ornament was attached with with red and white bakers twine and tucked behind the white card.  I cut a strip of white pearlescent and embossed it with Holiday Magic, inked it and covered it with some sheer wrinkled ribbon in dusty pink. I placed my sentiment cut from Spellbinders Labels 20 along with a bow and a large faux gemstone on the left side of the card. I cut several of the Spellbinders Poinsettias and some of the dies from the Create a Flake 4, inked them using Adirondack Watermelon dye based ink and cut and inked some leaves using Adirondack bottle green.  I added some Ice Stickles (diamond) here and there to the edges of the flowers and snowflakes.

I have added the insert too for you to see.  This is basically an embossed ornament, two strips of pink card and a flower for decoration.

No comments: