Sunday 23 September 2012

Butterfly Magic



The card base for this is my usual 8x8.  I cut the largest of the Spellbinders Grand Labels 23 for my striped background of grey and white, cut it in half and put half at the top and half at the bottom of the card.  I cut the two largest labels of this set together in purple card stock to create a frame.  The frame was sprayed slightly with Crafters Companion Gold Sparkle.  A piece of black card stock was inserted behind the frame and I matted another striped layer on top of this.  The small pieces attached to the large frame came from Spellbinders Ironworks Motifs; these were cut away from the large motif in this set.  They were clipped on and pearls were added.  The butterflies were cut from Spellbinders Nested Butterflies; one was cut in purple and one in cream, they were sprayed slightly, folded in half to form a double layer and attached together to form the two coloured combination.  I added a couple of pearls to them, made a few rolled roses and leaves, added some Spellbinders Foliage and a stickpin threaded with a few nice beads.  Hope you like it.
That’s all for now.  Love lilygee.

No comments: