Monday 5 November 2012

Spellbinders Labels 6 Flower Card


Good Afternoon Blog Friends,

Hope you had a good weekend, I am still recovering from this flue but starting to feel a little better.  If like me, you are a bit of a Spellbinder addict, you’ll understand when I say that my dies are like my ‘babies’ – if I lose one, I won’t give up searching for it, through bins, books, paper, cupboards, in between embossing and cutting plates – ‘oh yeh’, I hear you say,  ‘Definitely been there.’  Additionally, my dies receive a lot of eye contact from me, I stare at them until they ‘talk’ to me, and sometimes, they actually do, well figuratively speaking that is:  Sometimes they say to me, ‘we are not, what we seem to be’ and then they just seem to transform themselves before my eyes and they are something I never dreamed they would be; and I’m sure if you are a Spellbinder fan, you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about.  My post for today, using one of my little labels, (label 6; size I used, pictured below) was a result of such an episode:

I started off by taking an 8x8 piece of pearly, cream cardstock and pierced the edges using one of the dies from the  Edgeabilities Classic Petal set, I distressed around the edges using Antique Linen and a little Pumice Stone distress inks.  I then scored around the piercing for emphasis and matted it on to a piece of black cardstock.  I have some lovely cream and black double sided patterned papers in my stash and wanted to use them so using labels 6 (size in diagram) I cut 8 sets (for each ‘petal’) comprising 3 in each set = 12 cream and 12 black (no need to emboss and you can cut them in 2s so the process speeds up.  You then score and fold your labels in the centre and stick two of the backs together and you then have two flat pieces at the side.  When you’ve stuck all your ‘petals’ together, you then cut yourself a small circle and begin arranging the ‘petals’ around the circle until you are happy with the arrangement.  You can stick them down with Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue but I found it quicker to use a hot glue gun.  Find yourself a centrepiece (a rhinestone, pearl or another Spellbinder small die) and place it in the middle so it hides where the ‘petals’ meet.  I then used a background paper from the same cream and black stack, added some black, silky crush ribbon from Creative Expressions, added two slivers of cardstock left over from the flowers, some gems and a sentiment cut with one of the dies from Spellbinders Blossom Tags and Accents.  Hope you like it and would like to hear your comments - don't be shy!
Love lilygee xx





Close up 1

Close up 2

4 comments:

ria gall said...

Hi Lilygee
I know where you are coming from regarding the spellbinders dies being our babies and more than we think they are.

This is a lovely card and shows how taking the time will show us other uses for the dies.

Love this card

Ria

Unknown said...

This is an amazing card. Absolutely love the flower its stunning. Another master piece xxxx

gengiz said...

Really love this card xxxx

Unknown said...

What a lovely card. Very pretty and lots of attention to detail. Hope you feel even better soon and can't wait to see your next project. X