Sunday 9 September 2012

Nature for All





Hi Everyone,

I hope you like this card – it is a kind of tribute to Nature and all the good things she offers to all creatures, including cats.  As you can see this time round the cat  is mesmerised by the cherry blossom, perhaps because it spots some movement, imagines a little birdie up there or maybe, just like us, it really appreciates Nature’s abundance and beauty.  As you'll see, when you look at the original card, the cat is focusing on the dragonfly - and it looks so different whole.  I think both have their own charm.

I tried to give the card an organic feel – using old dictionary paper, kraft card, raffia and an embossibility that simulates woodbark.  The original stamped and brayered card,  (also included for you to see) was cut in pieces and inserted behind the frames.   If you spot a stray pearl on one of the small flowers, it is not meant to be there; but I didn’t notice it until after taking the pic – so just imagine it without the pearl.  I used ‘Spellbinders’ Grand Peonies to create the flower and hopefully I will show you how I made them some time this week.  That’s all for this post – if you have any questions you can email me at jeangursoy@gmail.com. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh this card is very special. I also love nature and really appreciate the time you put into making this card. Thankyou and its always a delight to look at your work. Looking forward to the next card you put on. Gilly xxxx