Saturday 30 March 2013

Rose Corner Card DT 2 for Creative Expressions

Good Morning Dear Blog Friends

Here is my second make this month for Creative Expressions using the mounted  Rose Corner Single Stamp.  I have also used The Rambling Rose A5 Stamp Plate.

But first let me remind you of the details for our first blog hop launching from the CE News Blog on 3rd April.  All the members of the DT will be taking part and have been challenged to make an inspirational project using some really beautiful ribbons.  The blog hop runs from Wednesday 3rd April 10am with a prize worth around £15.00 for each blog and a special spot prize post on Kim Dellow's blog on Friday 5th April.  The hop will close and prize winners will be announced on Monday 8th April on the CE News blog.  In order to enter the prize giveaway you must leave a comment on all eight blogs and for the separate Spot Prize you must leave a comment on Kim's blog on Friday 5th so don't forget to check DT member, Kim Dellow's blog on Friday for the special prize.  The order of the hop will be posted on each blog so you won't get lost.  

Here's today's make


I used the roses and leaves from  the Rambling Rose A5 Stamp Set with distress ink Tea Dye for my background card and also inked the edges with the same colour.  I embossed the background with 


                                                               




         

The corner rose was stamped with tea dye distress ink and embossed with copper embossing powder.  I used spun sugar distress ink to add a little colour to the rose and shabby shutters for the leaves.  I tore the card and distressed it with tea dye.  I cut a tag and stamped the sentiment from the Rambling Rose Set several times with tea dye.








I added some ribbon and a flower made with American Seam binding in Moss Green and added a rhinestone.  I added a little lace from my stash.



Hope you like it.

Have a great day and a lovely weekend.


Lol Lilygee
xx








2 comments:

Unknown said...

Really beautiful card...i like the colours, textures and effects that you have used on this card. The flower with the gem is gorgeous with the green ribbon xxxx

Gail said...

This is a lovely card with an unusual colourway xx Gail T xx