Friday 26 October 2012

Vintage Lingerie 1 - Card for Creative Expressions


Close-up 1

Close-up 2


Hi Blog Friends,

I am posting two cards this evening using the same stamps, a set called Vintage Lingerie available from Creative Expressions.  For the first card I pierced around the edges of an 8x8 piece of white cardstock using one of the dies from Spellbinders Classic Decorative Inserts 6 – this creates quite a nice decorative pierced edge and many of the other Edgeabilities can be used in a similar manner.  I am planning  to do a tutorial next week showing some examples of what you can achieve with these dies when you use them as a piercing template.  I then distressed the edges of the card using Tim Holz Antique Linen Distress Ink.  I added some pearls also for effect.  I then cut the third largest of Spellbinders Grand Squares and with the die still in place, distressed the edges with Antique Linen.  I stamped the sentiment on the side of the square using Versafine Majestic Blue and Onyx Black.  I then stamped one of the corset stamps in Onyx Black on to a piece of white cardstock and made two masks from copy paper.  I covered the first image and stamped the corset again in Versafine Imperial Purple to the right side of the first image.  I masked the second image also and stamped the third corset in Versafine Majestic Blue to the left side of the first image. I cut the images out using the smallest of Spellbinders Grand Decorative Ovals I then stamped the corsets again on a separate piece of cardstock in the same three colours.  I cut the side pieces of the corsets off and decoupaged them onto my stamped images.  The oval was distressed whilst in the die using Antique Linen.  I attached a piece of Silky Crush Champagne Ribbon to the square card, (available from  Creative Expressions ).  I added a bow made with the same ribbon and a flower made with Spellbinders Spiral Blossoms 3.  I have included some close-ups for you.  Hope you like the card and would love to hear your comments.  I will be posting another card a little later this evening, so if you would like to drop by later you can see it.  I would also like to take the opportunity to say that although my blog has been up for quite a few weeks now, I have not completed my profile so many of you will be wondering who I am.  I will be telling you more about myself in the next week or so, so please be patient – it is on my ‘to do’ list.
Thanks for dropping by and see you later.  Bye for now.
Love lilygee xx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like this card especially the lingerie stamps and the gold ribbon it adds a lovely touch to the card. Love the distressing and the vintage style. How lovely x

Unknown said...

Oh my what a stunning beautiful card. I love the corsets and the very elegant ribbon. The whole card is a pleasure to look at xxxx