Sunday 26 August 2012

HAPPY EID



Good Morning Friends,

This card was made for my Turkish relatives; it is basically a ‘Happy Eid’ card but the sentiment has been added in Turkish.  The background paper comes from a ‘DCWV’ card stack called ‘the Natural stack’, and I chose a subtle beige brown colour; it’s a beautiful paper and the photo doesn’t do it justice at all.  I cut four of the ‘layered elegant swirls’ from the Heartfelt Creations’ ‘Artistic Gatefold Collection’ and placed them around a square cut from ‘Spellbinders Grand Squares’.  I turned the square so that it took on the diamond shape.  This was topped with the large ‘Spellbinders labels 13’ and the sentiment was typed and then cut out using ‘Spellbinders labels 21’ and distressed around the edges using ‘Tim Holz distress ink – frayed burlap.  I used the small die cut twice  and added a pearl and  clipped them onto labels 13. The small accent die comes from ‘Spellbinders Twisted Metal Tags and Accents’.  That little die is so useful and will work with many other labels as a sweet little accent even on the corners of your background card layers.  I made several rolled roses, some cut from paper and some from felt and embellished them with pearls and stickles.  I also added pearls to the layered swirls .  I added a bow tied with ribbon from ‘Creative Expressions’ range of sheer wrinkled edge ribbon in champagne colour – I love this ribbon and everyone who has used it knows it ties a wonderful bow even if you are not good at tying bows.  I topped the bow with a pretty little die from Samantha Walker’s ‘Blossom Tags and Accents’ (Spellbinders) and also added a pearl stick pin.  Hope my Turkish friends and family like it.  Thanks for stopping by and hope to post again soon.  Have a lovely Sunday.  Love from lilygee xxx. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Eid to you too. This is a beautiful card- so much thought and creativity has gone in to this. I love the layered swirls and the pearls. The bow and the flowers are so delicate and beautiful. Did you make these by hand? I am sure that everyone will love it- what is not to love- it is a delight to look at. Have a lovely birthday today and keep crafting as you are a real talent. Thank you xxxxxxxx

Unknown said...

What a wonderful innovative card. You are very talented. I really enjoy reading your blog and have learnt alot from reading it. Please keep posting your beautiful cards up for us to see. I will be on here tomorrow to have a look. Can't wait to see what you put on!!